When I Fail To See
When I fail to SEE the suffering of people,
Do not call me a visually impaired,
But call me a blind.
When I ignore the agony of hard labor,
Do not call me a physically handicapped,
But call me a crippled.
When I am inaudible to the cries of help,
Do not call me a hearing impaired,
But call me a deaf.
When we, the able bodied find it tough,
To survive under the comfortable condition,
How do the disabled survive under the hostile limitation?
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Fail To See by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- jeene ka karishma|, Aftab Alam
- *My confused mood, C. P. Sharma
- Dear! i Still Love You, Rimni chakravarty
- To vacuum, SALINI NAIR
- Concept's Thresholds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Scent of Love, C. P. Sharma
- *Flowers' Sacrifice, C. P. Sharma
- Biker Days .... [MOTORCYCLE riding; VER.., Bri Edwards
- Beloved Hourglass, Elizabeth Shield
- August Fires, Dee Corpolongo