when i look in the mirror
when i look in the mirror i cry because the site of me is dead inside.
when i look in the mirror i hate what i see.
im not the girl i use to be.
when i look in the mirror i see a black shadow hovering
but when i look again that black shadow is me.
when i look in the mirror i want to break it
but i cant so i sit there looking at this girl that was taken.
when i look in the mirror i stare at it hoping this reflection would just go away
so i turn off the light and walk away.
when i look in the mirror what do i see i see this girl i wish wasn't me.
so i fix my reflection and put on a smile while the anger, hatred, depression,
and sorrow settles down until tomorrow where i can no longer hate the image i
see when i look in the mirror
Because that image is me
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (when i look in the mirror by kaliaha hogue )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Defeat, Edgar Albert Guest
- People Like Him, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Bear Story, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Boy Enlists, Edgar Albert Guest
- My Lonely Guide, George Egba
- Exempt, Edgar Albert Guest
- Life, Cheryl Griffith
- The Rough Little Rascal, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Epicure, Edgar Albert Guest
- It Isn't Costly, Edgar Albert Guest