When I Want To Ask God Why
Sometimes I reach the place in my life where I want to ask God why,
But then I am quickly but gently chided by The Holy Spirit inside.
For a grander plan is underway by God, who fills the earth and sky,
And I am but a tiny part of God's Eternal plan that won't be denied.
When the plans that I make and things that I do all seem to go awry,
Seeds of doubt seem to sprout as Satan again begins to whisper lies.
As Satan says God can not hear you now as He must of chose to hide,
The Holy Spirit gently tugs my heart and reminds me to simply abide.
For God's plans are to prosper me and to shelter me from any harm,
I simply need to trust His heart while I'm covered by His Mighty Arm.
For in the world Jesus had prophesied that I would have tribulation,
That is why He said to stay occupied while I wait for His Salvation.
For Satan's only purpose in my life is to cause me much undue alarm,
And at this point God's loving care causes Satan's demons to disarm.
So when the trials and tribulation in my life seem to be magnified,
I remember as Christ was crucified He wasn't defeated but Glorified.
Jesus is now in Eternal Glory and indwelt with His power up on high,
He exemplified His power and sent The Spirit, Who now dwells inside.
And my heart won't be troubled if I trust in God, who's all knowing,
Who's coming back, to take me home, for I know where I am going.
(Copyright © 05/2003)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Want To Ask God Why by Bob Gotti )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- A Lonely Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Happy Birthday to A Friend I'm Missing, Akhtar Jawad
- THE BREAST CANCER JOURNEY, Rosie Bourget
- Wanting To Feel, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Submonition, Dorothy Kardas, Psy.D. Th.D.
- HURT, Rosie Bourget
- I'm Kunta, Ivan Brooks Sr
- Martin Chuzzlewit II, douglas scotney
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak