Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
When My Soul Was Sad
When my soul was sad
I saw a few more ancient than me singing together
A song of courage and defiance-
They would be happy even if ridiculous to others
They want to live even for others they are too old for life-
I praised their courage to myself
And said I must learn from them -
I will try in my old age to sing a happier song
Courage after all is the melody most admirable of all.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.