Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
When The Past Day Does Still Linger In Thoughts
It’s as if the darkness
walks over the twilight abyss
with a blackness that totally removes sight
before the first stars appear slowly
and outside something rustles in the grass
when the past day does still linger in thoughts.
Poet Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.