When You Are
When you are old and think about
all of your episodes filled with doubt,
think back again to what they meant,
where you were and where you were sent.
All of your joys and all of your woes
can all be measured. And so life flows
from the bliss of heavenly ways
into the heartache of lonely days.
When you are young you've not yet known
what you shall reap from what you've sown.
It comes upon you while you dance
to the light-hearted feel of sweet romance.
Prideful ways soon are lost
for the winds will change and you'll get tossed.
Before you know it you'll think about
all of your episodes filled with doubt.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When You Are by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What, Olusegun Akanbi
- Pervola, Elia Michael
- RAMADAN رمضان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 'SNATCHING OF THE GOAT', guy lipmore
- OUT OF DESTROYED BUILDINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Blue Fly, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Hunkered Down With Memories, Lonnie Hicks
- ODESSA. UKRAINE., human woman
- THAT FACE ذلك الوجه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Looking Upon Us, Naveed Akram