WHEN YOU LOVE A MEAN OR SWEET WOMAN
When you love a mean woman it hurts down deep
In the middle of the night when you find you can't sleep.
I remember those times we kissed in the park,
Covered by moonbeams and stars in the dark.
You told me you loved me and would never run away
Though now, there's another with whom you play.
Somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong
Somebody show me before I've waited too long.
Other women I've met, they remind me of you,
It makes me afraid of what they might do.
But life without love isn't living at all
Everyone needs someone who waits for their call.
I thirst for a woman who will love me again
One who needs both a husband and friend.
Dear Lord, I pray for my angel of love
So I may fly high on the wings of a dove.
I know now for sure what love means to me
It's a chance to be needed and to give happily.
For I've felt what it's like to be sad and alone
And wish for that someone I could call my own.
It's just like young Adam when he lost his rib bone
God gave him Eve, so he wouldn't sleep alone.
When a man loves a woman, there's many lessons he'll learn
As she respects him, her favors he'll earn.
One thing for certain, when your thoughts are for real
As you hug and you kiss, you love how you feel.
Some live a lifetime just a step from love
You are that person who gave me my shove.
The world has both givers and those on the take
Life can be bad if your love's a mistake.
I can't help realize how lucky I've been
For you are my wife, but best of all, my friend.
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom's 675 Poems Are Free To Share!
Google = Tom Zart YouTube
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHEN YOU LOVE A MEAN OR SWEET WOMAN by Tom Zart )
- The pain and pricks., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The maiden poem...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Loves silent vigil, Erato
- I Miss You., sanjay Pathak
- I am Sorry., sanjay Pathak
- Dunderheaded Love Stories (Adwoa Xanthe), Dexsta Ray
- an unpassionate night, lee fones
- Mobocracy, Aftab Alam
- WHAT IS TO BE A MAN?, Ali Faisal
- NIRVANA, Thor Fabian Pettersen
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1886 - 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)