WHEN YOU LOVE A MEAN OR SWEET WOMAN
When you love a mean woman it hurts down deep
In the middle of the night when you find you can't sleep.
I remember those times we kissed in the park,
Covered by moonbeams and stars in the dark.
You told me you loved me and would never run away
Though now, there's another with whom you play.
Somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong
Somebody show me before I've waited too long.
Other women I've met, they remind me of you,
It makes me afraid of what they might do.
But life without love isn't living at all
Everyone needs someone who waits for their call.
I thirst for a woman who will love me again
One who needs both a husband and friend.
Dear Lord, I pray for my angel of love
So I may fly high on the wings of a dove.
I know now for sure what love means to me
It's a chance to be needed and to give happily.
For I've felt what it's like to be sad and alone
And wish for that someone I could call my own.
It's just like young Adam when he lost his rib bone
God gave him Eve, so he wouldn't sleep alone.
When a man loves a woman, there's many lessons he'll learn
As she respects him, her favors he'll earn.
One thing for certain, when your thoughts are for real
As you hug and you kiss, you love how you feel.
Some live a lifetime just a step from love
You are that person who gave me my shove.
The world has both givers and those on the take
Life can be bad if your love's a mistake.
I can't help realize how lucky I've been
For you are my wife, but best of all, my friend.
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom's 675 Poems Are Free To Share!
Google = Tom Zart YouTube
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHEN YOU LOVE A MEAN OR SWEET WOMAN by Tom Zart )
- Over Time, Fatima Nusairat
- Truth is that, gajanan mishra
- FUCHSIA, Aminath Neena
- love is an 8 ball- it is decidedly so, Mandolyn ...
- Rising of a New Day Through Shine, Rohit Sapra
- Sad Cloud, ramesh rai
- I am carnival, Havilah
- Creative Musical Juces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael McParland
- Distance doesn't matter, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 March 1941 -)