Lawrence S. Pertillar
When Your View Broadens
With a disconnection from one thing misunderstood.
My interest in you had been as a mate.
With a sharing deep in honesty.
That leaves nothing secret with a guessing,
To believe or perceive later when much too late...
Those feelings I had for you were not faked based.
Or something kept deceived,
To allow me from you I would eliminate to take.
And hopefully one day you will realize that as a fact.
To have it dawn on you when your view broadens.
With clouds diminished from your eyes that are cleared.
To know in your heart when it becomes re-attached,
Only fools seek to sleep with one who competes.
And I haven't been or ever will be a fool,
To feel that kind of desperation to share...
With a giving of my life with love and devotion.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When Your View Broadens by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Step Back!, Monk E. Biz
- Sajak Hening Buat Franky Sahilatua (Indo.., Imam Setiaji Ronoatmojo
- Love Your Neighbor, Roxanne Dubarry
- Hidden Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Francine, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The face of a young woman in pink, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Segundas/Sobre reudas, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Snail Talk for Rosemary, Daniel Brick
- Dear Greg, Roxanne Dubarry
- Rosy flower, hasmukh amathalal