Empath In flames
? ? ? Where am I? ? ?
Fragmented and distorted….
The image I proclaim is only as strong
as your power to remember me.
As lighting strikes, quick likeness of me.
Rapidly fades away....
Where am I?
I can only replay neurotic counterfeit memories.
I've manifested to immobile my mind.
Only I know they don't exist……
You weren't that kind….
You weren't that loving,
I want to remember,
The real reason why I'm thinking of you.
And not of the others that respected me.
The ones that cared…
A conjunction of my thoughts….
In parts I can only just conjure up.
Where am I?
How do I exist?
And yet can not see my reflected image?
How do I see the blackness that surrounds me?
Why is it that. I can only remember you?
The gratifying feeling I have,
To have known you….
To want to die for you? …
Am I dead?
Or asleep in a never ending loop.
Is there a difference?
I can't be dead.
I can feel my heart beating…..
Louder as I think,
Stronger as I feel.
Where am I?
Where am I…….
Empath In flames's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (? ? ? Where am I? ? ? by Empath In flames )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- [ABC]Watch Pretty Little Liars Season 5 .., Renz Barns
- Australia Day - 26 January 2015, Danny Draper
- Elope, Salleh Chowdhury
- Journey's End, Raymond A. Foss
- Dimly Lighting The Way, Margaret Alice Second
- Threads of Her Journey, Raymond A. Foss
- A Journey of Treasure, Raymond A. Foss
- spinning 2 StAnd $tiLL - can i cHaRge it?, sEaN nOrTh
- un-nerves sh#t - sweet child of mime, sEaN nOrTh
- The Wise Man, Brian J. Stafford