Elizabeth Fontaine Grieco
Where did the Antelope go?
Deer are grazing near a natural spring;
Drinking ground water from an unplugged
Gas well filled with methane, benezene, toluene, anti-freeze.
What if that were your child drinking from that spring?
What if that was your mother or father drinking too?
Would you feel even worse?
Drinking from the open unplugged gas well,
The mule deer knows it's hell drinking this toxic mix,
But his life cannot be fixed, so he runs and hides to die.
Where do the antelope go to sleep soundly?
Nowhere, that is safe; surely man can secure him a place?
Why is man carelessly purging, surging the land with poisons?
Can he not see; he's destroying God's gifts of life?
Elizabeth Fontaine Grieco's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Where did the Antelope go? by Elizabeth Fontaine Grieco )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hello, man!, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Passage beyond, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz
- Guiding Through Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cosmic luvgasmacomastoned! ! ! ! ! ! ! !.., Monk E. Biz
- Love, love, love, gajanan mishra
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak