where were you?
Why didn't you here my first word?
Why didn't you see my first step?
When I finaly rode my first big girl bike and looked around for encouragement I knew I wouldn't see you.
When I finaly read my first real book you weren't there to pat me on the back.
Where were you when I got my first report card with all A's?
Where were you on my first day of hight school?
Were were you on my first prom night?
Why weren't you at my graduation?
Why couldn't you make it to my wedding?
Where were you on that special day, when we were all in the hospitol, standing over my first born baby girl?
Would you know if I left this world?
Would you care?
Why aren't you here?
Why were'nt you there?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (where were you? by renee martin )
- hey four eyes with the square tie, Jena Crowe
- Where there respect thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- 84 and couldn't speak English, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- Frost Chills, Cathy Hodgson
- What A Wondrous Thing, Joshua Chuhran
- Falling Doves, Joshua Chuhran
- The Simple Life, Nate Morris
- To touch a star is to be touch by the st.., Raymond Sawyer
- A Prayer For Self Identity, Maurice Harris
- throwing sticks at the stars, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)