where were you?
Why didn't you here my first word?
Why didn't you see my first step?
When I finaly rode my first big girl bike and looked around for encouragement I knew I wouldn't see you.
When I finaly read my first real book you weren't there to pat me on the back.
Where were you when I got my first report card with all A's?
Where were you on my first day of hight school?
Were were you on my first prom night?
Why weren't you at my graduation?
Why couldn't you make it to my wedding?
Where were you on that special day, when we were all in the hospitol, standing over my first born baby girl?
Would you know if I left this world?
Would you care?
Why aren't you here?
Why were'nt you there?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (where were you? by renee martin )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Poem of the Day
- Author of space and time, yvonne stine
- I Couldn't Hold On Your Hands!, Geetha Jayakumar
- An Apple Of Love!, Geetha Jayakumar
- My Astrological Calculations Just For Fun!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Forever Love, Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey