where were you?
Why didn't you here my first word?
Why didn't you see my first step?
When I finaly rode my first big girl bike and looked around for encouragement I knew I wouldn't see you.
When I finaly read my first real book you weren't there to pat me on the back.
Where were you when I got my first report card with all A's?
Where were you on my first day of hight school?
Were were you on my first prom night?
Why weren't you at my graduation?
Why couldn't you make it to my wedding?
Where were you on that special day, when we were all in the hospitol, standing over my first born baby girl?
Would you know if I left this world?
Would you care?
Why aren't you here?
Why were'nt you there?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (where were you? by renee martin )
- Four Line Poem, Deborah Eker
- Saving The World, Ronald Chapman
- Corruption, Sandra Feldman
- Cannot Take Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Beautiful Story of You, Corey Jones
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Hell is dumb and sore throats are stupid., Jena Crowe
- 100 Years of War, Robert Green
- The Dog, Deborah Eker
- Cutting Back Government, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- gamblers all, Charles Bukowski
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)