Where Will I Be?
If you had asked me ten years ago,
Where would I be today,
I'd have probably answered honestly
'it's impossible for me to say'
For in life it's a game of survival
And the future is full of surprises
We all dwell on the past,
As time passes too fast
And luck comes in different disguises.
If you asked me today
Where will I be, ten years from now,
I'd probably have to say,
'I'm still not sure, who can tell?
As there are obstacles in my way'
I'd like to think though, I'll be happy
And life has served me well,
The past is dealt, the present is mine but the future's not ours to tell.
Nick Jordan.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Will I Be? by Nick Jordan. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- It isn't easy!, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Am Third, Perry Biggerstaff
- The Nigeria Political Vampires, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Alack! Afore! Alack! Afore!, Dexsta Ray
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila