Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Wherever A Nepotism Connection Sits
Exceptions are only awarded,
To those selected to be worthy of them...
By those who wish not to expose,
Their incompetence in the presence...
Of anyone thought to be too intelligent,
To recognize an obvious deficiency...
By one who has acquired a position,
Based upon nepotism alone.
And expectations are not often praised either,
From the lips of those aching with disappointment...
Wherever a nepotism connection sits in high places.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.