WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED? ... DEC 21ST,2013
WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED? … DEC 21ST,2013
I never thought I would see our Supreme Court being normal,
Dressed up in their fancy red gowns and looking extremely formal,
Since they told Sue Rodriguez with Lou Gehrig’s disease, to die,
Maybe it’s possible we’ll get death-with-dignity and know why.
Or is there more to this hooker decision than meets the eye?
Will we need municipal brothel inspectors and know why?
And should we have price control for what these ladies sell?
And should that be cash or credit card or would someone tell?
And should hookers have a union for their official trade?
Do our religious priestly activists all feel betrayed?
Is there a roomful of politicians writing new rules somewhere?
Maybe the number of hookers in a brothel or is this not fair?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED? ... DEC 21ST,2013 by James Bredin )
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR