WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED? ... DEC 21ST,2013
WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED? … DEC 21ST,2013
I never thought I would see our Supreme Court being normal,
Dressed up in their fancy red gowns and looking extremely formal,
Since they told Sue Rodriguez with Lou Gehrig’s disease, to die,
Maybe it’s possible we’ll get death-with-dignity and know why.
Or is there more to this hooker decision than meets the eye?
Will we need municipal brothel inspectors and know why?
And should we have price control for what these ladies sell?
And should that be cash or credit card or would someone tell?
And should hookers have a union for their official trade?
Do our religious priestly activists all feel betrayed?
Is there a roomful of politicians writing new rules somewhere?
Maybe the number of hookers in a brothel or is this not fair?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED? ... DEC 21ST,2013 by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- We lose—because we win, Emily Dickinson
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- કોઈ પણ બહાને koi pan, hasmukh amathalal
- Observation, Hans Raj Sharma
- MY CUSTOM, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- ANOKHA YEH DUNIYA KA MELA, Om Chawla
- The 4th day of Christmas, mai venn
- a hero, Cee Bea
- Never think again, hasmukh amathalal
- GO AWAY, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- वक्त की दिवार हम नहीं vakt ki, hasmukh amathalal
- On the ladder, hasmukh amathalal