$! Who Said.....
Who said........This is poetry?
Who said........That the words are free?
Who said........This is you and me, not us or we?
Tell me! ! !
Who said.....Better safe than sorry?
Who said.....This is my life story?
Who said.....Don't you hurry, don't you worry?
Tell me the story! ! !
Who said....Things I say have been said before?
Well they can just walk right out the door
Who said...Let me say no more?
Who said....She is just a friend?
Who said....Please don't pretend?
Who said....This is where forever ends?
Who said....And I qoute,
Things that people wrote,
'Not even God can sink this boat? '
Who said....Things that other people say?
Who said....Words are here to stay?
That they are for me to say
That I love you everyday?
Who said....Let my people go?
And who said.....No?
Not so long ago.
Now I see some nodding heads
others smiling in the croud
But whom of you had the courage to say....No, out loud?
Those of you who did should feel proud.
Let me say....Smiles worth wearing are words worth hearing
That said.......The best sound I've ever heard
Were when no one had said a word.
So who said....The people have spoken?
Who said.........This on a Simba chip token?
Who said.....The past is the past?
Who said......Nothing good will ever last?
Who said.....Lord, forget me not?
Who said....That Jesus ever forgot?
Who said....Nkosi sikelela?
Who said....Mntan'am sukulila?
Who said....Everything unto thee?
Who said.....All of this to me?
Nkululeko Mdudu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ($! Who Said..... by Nkululeko Mdudu )
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
- Agree for help, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)