***! ! The Kid Inside Me*#
Behold, a marvelous sight!
A handsome Boy from morning to night,
Self-reliant, self dependant and oh so brave.
No one's king and no one's knave.
Free as his father, strong like a mother,
A friend whose love exceeds any brother.
A boyfriend to girls of many faces,
Sharing intimate secrets in quiet places.
A valient steed, a silent step, a bird in flight,
Charging; marching, piercing through with light.
He is smart, they say.
Some look once; and think, no way!
He is small and quick.
Too many choices to even pick,
That which holds his quality;
Care, kindness, equality.
In sharing joy and making jokes,
with numerous mates and friendly folks.
To say that; this is, or has ever been me,
Would be outcasting my Karin and V.
So for now it shall continue to be;
The Kid, the King I strive to be.
Nkululeko Mdudu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (***! ! The Kid Inside Me*# by Nkululeko Mdudu )
- Summer Time, Sandra Feldman
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Hell is dumb and sore throats are stupid., Jena Crowe
- 100 Years of War, Robert Green
- The Dog, Deborah Eker
- Cutting Back Government, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- He's right;, george albot
- Dove, Nathan Beery
- Tempestuous Solace, Nathan Beery
- Quiet Emptiness, Ron Baratono
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- gamblers all, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns