***! ! The Kid Inside Me*#
Behold, a marvelous sight!
A handsome Boy from morning to night,
Self-reliant, self dependant and oh so brave.
No one's king and no one's knave.
Free as his father, strong like a mother,
A friend whose love exceeds any brother.
A boyfriend to girls of many faces,
Sharing intimate secrets in quiet places.
A valient steed, a silent step, a bird in flight,
Charging; marching, piercing through with light.
He is smart, they say.
Some look once; and think, no way!
He is small and quick.
Too many choices to even pick,
That which holds his quality;
Care, kindness, equality.
In sharing joy and making jokes,
with numerous mates and friendly folks.
To say that; this is, or has ever been me,
Would be outcasting my Karin and V.
So for now it shall continue to be;
The Kid, the King I strive to be.
Nkululeko Mdudu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (***! ! The Kid Inside Me*# by Nkululeko Mdudu )
- Key to my Dreams, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Just want to tell you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- I really want to be with you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Moon fever, ramesh rai
- Emotions at the door, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- unpredictable love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- The Matyr, Tony Adah
- Los Primeros Días de Otoño, Hebert Logerie
- 'The Never To Be Forgotten', Nishant Seeker
- The Jungle, Sameer Denzi
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(600 - 670)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)