***! ! The Kid Inside Me*#
Behold, a marvelous sight!
A handsome Boy from morning to night,
Self-reliant, self dependant and oh so brave.
No one's king and no one's knave.
Free as his father, strong like a mother,
A friend whose love exceeds any brother.
A boyfriend to girls of many faces,
Sharing intimate secrets in quiet places.
A valient steed, a silent step, a bird in flight,
Charging; marching, piercing through with light.
He is smart, they say.
Some look once; and think, no way!
He is small and quick.
Too many choices to even pick,
That which holds his quality;
Care, kindness, equality.
In sharing joy and making jokes,
with numerous mates and friendly folks.
To say that; this is, or has ever been me,
Would be outcasting my Karin and V.
So for now it shall continue to be;
The Kid, the King I strive to be.
Nkululeko Mdudu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (***! ! The Kid Inside Me*# by Nkululeko Mdudu )
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)