Tshililo Thomas Radzilani
WHOM AM I
Can any describe me?
Am I what you see or perceive?
What constitute who I am?
Is it my continent that describes me?
Possibly my genes in me
Heredity comes very close to me
Did the colony define me?
History of 1652 found me
Homelands found me
It is my culture that define who I am
I have evolved
Is it because of knowing good and bad - so called sin?
Is it due to education and globalisation?
I am not what I was yesterday
Where are the debris of my being?
Not everything I did or believed was sinful or bad
Some were means of survival
While some were just soiled but working
Why west challenged my skills and civilization?
Why west claimed to have discovered me?
How do you discover the indigenous?
Why everything I named was renamed?
My God is called Nwali
You can call him Modimo, Xikwebu, Uzimu, Nkulunkulu, Here, uThixo or Jah
He is more than what we confine Her to be
My job could not change me
The Codes are the means to manage our diversity
My culture is not means of life, but life
It filters all for my ethics, values and morals
Celebrate what I am makes me proud
Respect on who I am makes me to respect who you are
Not all animals in the zoo are the like
I am who I am through you - Muthu ndi muthu nga vhathu!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (WHOM AM I by Tshililo Thomas Radzilani )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Ghazal, Mirza Ghalib
- Within the Circuit of This Plodding Life, Henry David Thoreau
- Summer in Calcutta, Kamala Das
- A.Pushkin, Anchar - translation (rus.), Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- Weak in Nature, hafiz qasim
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Expression Eruption: Get out, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lifes Living Limerick, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Relationship FAQ's, LLDr. Gyd
- Need for More, hafiz qasim
- The PH Forum Ru-Ku Trifecta..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- You Never Know, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Real Fruit, Nash Thomas
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak