Mary Jesusa Villegas
Whose face I knew
Whose face I know
Who does she love I do not know.
I was in grade five
I won first place in a poster-making contest
There was my displayed work and the rest
A cute, little girl in a uniform stood beside me
Told me, ‘that was my work' and the giveaway smile
And from seeing, mine became a mess.
I was in fourth year high school
and we have gone to a poster making contest
me and my art teacher walked, and the rest
‘I wish I concentrated on my craft more, but now it's too late.'
as she stood beside me
‘It's okay, ' with a smile that won't give away so easily.
And then I learned that her cute little girl,
was the cute, little girl whom fate allowed me to meet
And I said, "ah, Now I know, "
Whose face I knew
Who did she love,
Now I know.
Mary Jesusa Villegas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whose face I knew by Mary Jesusa Villegas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(19 April 1928 - 26 December 2006)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- In And Out Of Existence, Margaret Alice Second
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeR.., sEaN nOrTh
- Pretty Eyes, Jack Abdallah
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma
- When your Birthday Falls on Christmas..., Dr John Celes