Nicholas Wayde Turner
Why Am I So Afraid?
I wish I didn't have to live a lie everyday of my life.
I'm so scared what might happen if it's exposed.
Help me figure out what I need to do.
Help me find the strength to do what's right.
I'm so scared that I will lose everything.
I'm so scared that I'm going to make them mad.
This is too much stress for one person.
And I'm going through it a lone.
If I tell, then everything will blow up like it did in the past.
I need someone to talk to.
My heart is constantly racing.
My breathing is getting shallow.
I walk around in a trance more than I should.
But I can't help how I feel.
All these lies.
All these secretes.
They are draining the life out of me.
Pretty soon there won't be anything left.
Please help me.
Nicholas Wayde Turner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Am I So Afraid? by Nicholas Wayde Turner )
- Knowing Fragments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Woman in the Rains, Akhtar Jawad
- In the depths of a grim winter (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- TO THE INSOMNIAC, sathya narayana
- Season is unfavorable,, Aftab Alam
- English As My Second Language, Tony Adah
- Without Taking A Breath, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I wonder if all men long for a girl… (ca.., Gert Strydom
- Is it absurd to fall too deep?, Mark Heathcote
- Kindness Begets Kindness, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)