Nicholas Wayde Turner
Why Am I So Afraid?
I wish I didn't have to live a lie everyday of my life.
I'm so scared what might happen if it's exposed.
Help me figure out what I need to do.
Help me find the strength to do what's right.
I'm so scared that I will lose everything.
I'm so scared that I'm going to make them mad.
This is too much stress for one person.
And I'm going through it a lone.
If I tell, then everything will blow up like it did in the past.
I need someone to talk to.
My heart is constantly racing.
My breathing is getting shallow.
I walk around in a trance more than I should.
But I can't help how I feel.
All these lies.
All these secretes.
They are draining the life out of me.
Pretty soon there won't be anything left.
Please help me.
Nicholas Wayde Turner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Am I So Afraid? by Nicholas Wayde Turner )
- Isolation, Arno Le Roux
- Gramps Is Still Nuts about Granny, Donal Mahoney
- A SCARE COMES BACK, Satish Verma
- End of harvest, Nassy Fesharaki
- IT IS NATURE OF ALL MOTHERS, alexander opicho
- सूर्य का अवतरण ढूँढते रह गए (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Young Man on a Bad Trip, Donal Mahoney
- The Golden Gate, Edward Kofi Louis
- Words - The Heart of Imagination?, Darlene Walsh
- With Your Vocation, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- trash bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)