Why Can't I Simply Retire In Quiet?
WHY CAN’T I SIMPLY RETIRE IN QUIET
Why can’t I simply retire in quiet
At peace with what I have done?
What is this ‘greed’ in me
Which always needs to write more
Which always seeks a greater recognition?
Which always expects some future day
In which all will be made alright?
What is this greed in me
Which needs to go on and on
As if I were forever young in hope?
Why can’t I simply rest in peace in my own life
And quietly accept I have done what I have done
And now am free to enjoy my life
As best I can
Until the end?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Can't I Simply Retire In Quiet? by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Free to do works, gajanan mishra
- God! !, sEaN nOrTh
- The Turtle's Tale, Lawrence Beck
- Dream along imagination, Okunuga Olanreywaju
- red light zone, lee fones
- A FOLK SONG اغنية فولكلورية JESSIE MACKAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Like food, hasmukh amathalal
- Earth's Surface, gajanan mishra
- Lost, Tiku akp
- The Spider And The Spray Can Man, Donal Mahoney