WHY DO LESS THAN HALF OF US VOTE? OCT 23RD,2012
WHY DO LESS THAN HALF OF US VOTE? Oct 23rd,2012
Why do less than half Canadians even bother to vote?
Do our appointed Ottawa aristocrats have us by the throat?
The Supreme Court decides what the government can or cannot do,
Therefore our elected politicians are stymied and don't have a clue.
Why is it that most Canadians don't even know about this?
And no binding referendums or recall like the Swiss,
With abortion clinics everywhere and DWD banned,
Therefore Canadians might tend to have problems in this Promised Land.
Why do our courts announce so many publication bans?
Why does the Youth Criminal Justice Act tend to tie our hands?
And the government denied permission to close the Insite Clinic down,
Why bother to vote if things in Ottawa can't be changed around?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHY DO LESS THAN HALF OF US VOTE? OCT 23RD,2012 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote