WHY DO LESS THAN HALF OF US VOTE? OCT 23RD,2012
WHY DO LESS THAN HALF OF US VOTE? Oct 23rd,2012
Why do less than half Canadians even bother to vote?
Do our appointed Ottawa aristocrats have us by the throat?
The Supreme Court decides what the government can or cannot do,
Therefore our elected politicians are stymied and don't have a clue.
Why is it that most Canadians don't even know about this?
And no binding referendums or recall like the Swiss,
With abortion clinics everywhere and DWD banned,
Therefore Canadians might tend to have problems in this Promised Land.
Why do our courts announce so many publication bans?
Why does the Youth Criminal Justice Act tend to tie our hands?
And the government denied permission to close the Insite Clinic down,
Why bother to vote if things in Ottawa can't be changed around?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHY DO LESS THAN HALF OF US VOTE? OCT 23RD,2012 by James Bredin )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak