Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
Why I Am So Happy Today/Because There Is No War
Why am I so happy today?
Because there is no war
And my son is alive
And so many other sons and fathers and husbands and brothers
Who might not have been alive
Because the greater war that might have been
Did not happen
And so many who might have been injured or killed
I am happy
Because we are alive-
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.