Why Men are not Trees
Flying birds know destination
Swimming fish know direction
Does man know what he does, dear?
Certainly not- -
he looks for excuses to escape liability,
cloaks to hide inner core,
daggers to locate trusting buddies,
desires to meet the solar flower,
pelf and power trigger ambition ambulating arrogantly…
Neruda asked …
Why do trees hide splendour of roots?
Because they are not like us!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Men are not Trees by Sony Dalia )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Of One Thing, Edward Kofi Louis
- Instagram'd, Michael Mira
- Suzette, Edward Kofi Louis
- Magdalene, Chromium Blues
- White Butterfly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Victim, Teedy Dawn
- House, mouse!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Sudibyo, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Sound Advice, Edward Kofi Louis
- A WOMAN OF NO FREEDOM FOR CONSCIENCE, alexander opicho