Why Men are not Trees
Flying birds know destination
Swimming fish know direction
Does man know what he does, dear?
Certainly not- -
he looks for excuses to escape liability,
cloaks to hide inner core,
daggers to locate trusting buddies,
desires to meet the solar flower,
pelf and power trigger ambition ambulating arrogantly…
Neruda asked …
Why do trees hide splendour of roots?
Because they are not like us!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Men are not Trees by Sony Dalia )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Plains, Brandt Nightingale
- Pull A String, Blushing, Ryan Scales
- Stillness, Brandt Nightingale
- After All, Ryan Scales
- Poet Freak Tide Wave Words, Terence G. Craddock
- A PRETTY MARRIAGE OF OUR TIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI