Why So Lonely
Why so lonely, little girl?
Why do you cry, little girl?
Why do you hurt, little girl?
Why the tears, little girl?
I am alone, says the little girl.
I am unloved, says the little girl.
I am unwanted, says the little girl.
I am crying, says the little girl.
Why are you alone, little girl?
Why are you unloved, little girl?
Why are you unwanted, little girl?
Why are you crying, little girl?
He has forgotten me, says the little girl.
He does not love me, says the little girl.
He does not want me, says the little girl.
But I love him, says the little girl.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why So Lonely by Hope Wallin )
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #12, Ronjoy Brahma
- Wandering With Affliction, Donald R Charon
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #11, Ronjoy Brahma
- Thoughtful Interlude, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Look At Easter, Denis Martindale
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #10, Ronjoy Brahma
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns