Wife sSentimental Journey
For fifty years they were together as husband and wife
And like all married couples they would bicker and fight.
Then the day came that GOD called her away
And with him she could not stay.
He mourned the loss of his soul mate, and to be with her again
He did not want to wait.
As he went through her belongings of fifty years
He found a box which brought a tear.
It was a 12” box with the words engraved “treasure chest box”
With a key for the lock.
It was something he had never known before
As he opened up the door.
It was a stack of letters tied with a red ribbon
And a note on top which read:
My dear husband – if you are reading this it is because
GOD decided to take me away, and with you I could not stay.
But these letters is what kept me alive, and of your love I did thrive.
Each letter tells me of the love that you have for me
And thru my teary eyes I did see.
A man of compassion and kindness and love
Given to me from GOD above.
For each letter that you had written me, I wrote a response
Although I never gave them to you “till now “.
I knew that you would find it hard to let me go
This is something I did know.
So read my responses to the love you had for me
As you have set my heart free.
Every letter was dated from the first one written on the bottom
To the last one on the top
He held his breath and his heart stopped.
He read all the love letters he had written and her responses
To every one which she ended with “from the start you stole my heart”.
After reading all her letters he went back to her note and continued to read.
It said: life is full of mysteries, twists and turns we do not see
Life can never be a road straight and narrow with the ending in sight.
So each day I prayed with all of my might, that a love as the one that you
Have for me – will live with me eternally.
For if there is any such thing as “human eternal love”
You have gone far above!
You have been my ROCK OF GIBRALTER
And I knew you would never falter.
Now I need you to be strong, because this is where you belong.
Show everyone the love that you have given
For you make life worth living.
“FROM THE START YOU STOLE MY HEART”
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wife sSentimental Journey by louis rams )
- Democracies All Must Fail, Is It Poetry
- Conviction's Diatribe, michael walkerjohn
- Think right, hasmukh amathalal
- BYE! BYE! ! BYE! ! ! EBOLA! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- The Occident's Secession, michael walkerjohn
- One's Mind, michael walkerjohn
- Mind's Refuse, michael walkerjohn
- 6 is truly 9, michael walkerjohn
- Flowers!, rajendran muthiah
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley