In a garden that's usually peaceful and sunlit,
Johnny-jump-up once bumped Angel's trumpet,
She swung it around and caught Dusty Miller
Right side of the head, 'twas nearly a killer!
Now Dusty's in love with orange Butterfly Shrub,
But Butter's in love with a red plastic tub.
Although Dusty Miller remains full of hope,
They'll never be married, they just cantaloupe!
Then Angel's big trumpet snagged a Bachelor's Button,
Popped it right off just as easy as nothin'.
Bouncing Bet got excited, nudging Sweet Will,
William then called out, 'Trill, Trillium, Trill! '
Now the Elder Berries tried to calm it all down,
As Trillium shrilled the crowd's favorite song.
In spite of the ruckus, they heard right away,
When Jack-in- the- pulpit said, 'Now let us pray! '
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wild Flowers by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker