Wise and virtuous people are like golden pot!
Wise and virtuous people, even if they become poor,
they are always virtuous! The people who are wicked,
if they become poor, what will otherwise happen?
Likewise, the quality golden pot happens to break,
It remains the same quality gold! But if the mud pot
happens to break, what will happen? It is of no use!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Wise and virtuous people are like golden pot! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature from 'moothurai' by Poetess AVVAI.
தாழ்ந்தாலும் மேன்மக்களே சிறந்தவர்
சீரியர் கெட்டாலும் சீரியரே சீரியர்மற்(று)
அல்லாதார் கெட்டாலங் கென்னாகும் - சீரிய
பொன்னின் குடமுடைந்தாற் பொன்னாகு மென்னா
மண்ணின் குடமுடைந்தக் கால்.18 – மூதுரை
Comments about this poem (Wise and virtuous people are like golden pot! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman
- Hide and Seek, Dean Meredith
- In Rum, Beer, Brandy, Whiskey, See I My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let's Climb A Mountain, Ronald Chapman
- Learning to Live, Ronald Chapman
- Laundry Day (Haiku), Ronald Chapman
- The Lamb (Children's Poetry), Ronald Chapman
- Korean Cicada (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- There Is Nothing As Indian English Poetr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- No to Suicide, Wellington Marshall