Dr.V.K. Kanniappan (17.10.1944 / Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India)
Wise and virtuous people are like golden pot!
Wise and virtuous people, even if they become poor,
they are always virtuous! The people who are wicked,
if they become poor, what will otherwise happen?
Likewise, the quality golden pot happens to break,
It remains the same quality gold! But if the mud pot
happens to break, what will happen? It is of no use!
Poet Other Poems
- A beautiful portrait! -Haiku
- A Brahman Wins By Tactics
- A Day When The Food Eaten All Alone
- A dumb person having a dream!
- A Favor Done To Men Of Knowledge and Vir...
- A Feeling Of Euphoria In The Fertile Fie...
- A Good Modern Poem
- A Guava fruit a day
- A house with a deferring wife becomes a ...
- A learned person shall not eat the food ...
- A Lover Is Perplexed At Seeing His Fianc...
- A married wife who is disobedient to the...
- A Person Who Does Not Skip Moral Values!
- A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Pe...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Wise and virtuous people are like golden pot! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature from 'moothurai' by Poetess AVVAI.
தாழ்ந்தாலும் மேன்மக்களே சிறந்தவர்
சீரியர் கெட்டாலும் சீரியரே சீரியர்மற்(று)
அல்லாதார் கெட்டாலங் கென்னாகும் - சீரிய
பொன்னின் குடமுடைந்தாற் பொன்னாகு மென்னா
மண்ணின் குடமுடைந்தக் கால்.18 – மூதுரை