Wishing For You
There are times I forget,
That to survive I have to breathe,
But anytime, anyplace even for a moment,
Your face in my mind never leaves...
My heartbeat that always pound,
Like gills of a fish out of water,
Tries to chain forever all those sound,
Whose origin is from your mouth's drizzle...
A bit of undying hope still survives,
In my entire me-both in earthly and heavenly part,
Truly today I am water and you fire,
Alas! We can never have the same heart...
Ankur Thakur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
that too as special and important as you...)
Comments about this poem (Wishing For You by Ankur Thakur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Potential Individuality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Ballad Of The Cowardly Fornicator, Andrea Mejia
- hostess snack, you missed the messy attack, Mandolyn ...
- Brightness Is Brighter, mary douglas
- Ekphrastic Poetry- Van Gogh -Night Cafe, Marieta Maglas
- Suddenly Darkness, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Walking On The Jewels Of Your Silence, mary douglas
- Show It To Me, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Tax Breaks Fleece Minimum Wage Workers, Terence G. Craddock
- Ballistic Word Images, Terence G. Craddock