Lawrence S. Pertillar
With A Making Of Mistakes Made
There are just too many quick to defend,
Their offensive and intended actions and comments.
To then pretend an innocence with a pretentiousness,
Professed in confessions others should accept in retrospect.
And should have never been taken out of context to upset,
Anyone believing they have been selected to disrespect.
And grown 'children' protected by parents embarrassed,
Seem always to cherish their freedom of liberties...
With a doing as they please that affects the quality,
Of the lives of others with a making of mistakes made...
To expect a forgiveness for their lack of thoughtlessness,
That brings a benefit of making certain mindsets exceptions.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With A Making Of Mistakes Made by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson
- This year, maryline vautravers
- Friends, maryline vautravers