Lawrence S. Pertillar
With A Sense Of Deserved Entitlement
In today's society,
People are seldom happy...
Unless the ruining of someone else's life,
Has come to enhance a feeling of self worth.
It is as if they've been taught from birth,
To be encouraged to recognize the signs of this.
And to implement as quick as possible,
A reason to be motivated.
And these 'positive' comments made,
Has sustained the egos of those...
With a sense of deserved entitlement.
That keeps others enduring...
The restricting limitations,
Implemented by the infliction...
Of ethnic and class divisions.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With A Sense Of Deserved Entitlement by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- you remain beneath the swing set, Mandolyn Davidson
- though foe, you friend me well, Mandolyn Davidson
- To Nuke the Mirror, Madrason writer
- Nothing Beats Love, Lilly Emery
- Resolution, Alex Adeoye
- The way of the champion, Alex Adeoye
- Judging A Woman, Randy McClave
- Water and Ink, Carly Hagerty
- feel IT in the hair,, george albot
- Battles above, and Battles below, Lilly Emery