With My Teeth
with my teeth I'll protect
every inch of my homeland
With my teeth.
Nothing can replace the homeland for me
even if they would hang me
with my own veins.
a prisoner of my love
for the fence that surrounds my house
for the dew on the bowing lily.
unvanquished by every hardness.
I'll protect every inch of my homeland
With my teeth
Tawfiq Zayyad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With My Teeth by Tawfiq Zayyad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Disagreeing With Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Outer Limits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Keep simply cool, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -31, Ronjoy Brahma
- Folds Of Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma