With My Teeth
with my teeth I'll protect
every inch of my homeland
With my teeth.
Nothing can replace the homeland for me
even if they would hang me
with my own veins.
a prisoner of my love
for the fence that surrounds my house
for the dew on the bowing lily.
unvanquished by every hardness.
I'll protect every inch of my homeland
With my teeth
Tawfiq Zayyad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With My Teeth by Tawfiq Zayyad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- she came across in Wrangler jeans, Bloar Heir
- A Boy and His Dog, Kewayne Wadley
- She will whisper, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Failed Romantic, Ananta Madhavan
- Poem 141, Andy Caldwell
- Conception's Debt, Noah Body
- Think, Fareez Nasir
- i dye my hair the color of us, Mandolyn Davidson
- Meeting Warmth~, Kamini Arichandran
- Smaller Contemporary Indian English Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey