With My Teeth
with my teeth I'll protect
every inch of my homeland
With my teeth.
Nothing can replace the homeland for me
even if they would hang me
with my own veins.
a prisoner of my love
for the fence that surrounds my house
for the dew on the bowing lily.
unvanquished by every hardness.
I'll protect every inch of my homeland
With my teeth
Tawfiq Zayyad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With My Teeth by Tawfiq Zayyad )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Vikram G. Aarella
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe