Without a Trace
I am lost for words and
Don’t know what to say
Everything seems so confusing
I am so confused, I don’t even
Know where I am lost.
I search deep inside my heart
To find what is lost.
What is lost never seems to be lost
Yet what is never bound be lost seems
To be lost beyond reach.
What could have I lost anyway?
I ask myself.
Love? Money? Fame?
No one knows and no one ever will.
I get lost and I find myself,
And again I am lost somewhere else,
The sparkle in her eyes found me, yet
The pearls on her nose made me loose myself
Then smile on her lips found me, yet
In the depths of her heart I am lost,
So lost that I am never to be found again.
Gracian Balendran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Without a Trace by Gracian Balendran )
- We, Yohan Confectioner
- Trust None, Even Me!, Sir Toby
- More Deliberately Taken, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)