Lawrence S. Pertillar
Without Believable Depth Connected
Those who perform,
And as 'artists' to do it...
Seek messages that are meaningful.
To then deliver effectively at thrie best.
And not under spotlight to emote an ego,
With an attention to get.
But with no message to leave remembered,
Like many who 'act' often do.
Without believable depth connected.
OR an audience left impressed and affected,
By a message that 'should' stay in their minds.
Those who 'act' and are not 'artists'...
Sleepwalk through their lines everytime.
'I thought they were tremendous.'
~At what point?
When they got up from falling off the stage?
Or when they climbed back on it to walk off? ~
'I'm sure that was scripted.
Or they would not have stayed in character.'
~I liked the way the stage manager ran to their assistance.~
So when he called them idiots,
That wasn't written into the script? '
~You know nothing about theater.
Do you? ~
Isn't it all about drama? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Without Believable Depth Connected by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- A Hidden Haiku Legend, Merton Lee
- Improve image, hasmukh amathalal
- We Can Make it Home, Leah Ayliffe
- You've got what I desperately need; so l.., Stanley Collymore
- For a lifetime, Cee Bea
- A rant, George Dee Vuy
- MAN'S GREATEST NEED, Michael P. Johnson
- The unknown face, vinit ghosh
- Kiss Me Bye, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Lust, Love, Hate, Pain, freya busby