Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Without Believable Depth Connected
Those who perform,
And as 'artists' to do it...
Seek messages that are meaningful.
To then deliver effectively at thrie best.
And not under spotlight to emote an ego,
With an attention to get.
But with no message to leave remembered,
Like many who 'act' often do.
Without believable depth connected.
OR an audience left impressed and affected,
By a message that 'should' stay in their minds.
Those who 'act' and are not 'artists'...
Sleepwalk through their lines everytime.
'I thought they were tremendous.'
~At what point?
When they got up from falling off the stage?
Or when they climbed back on it to walk off? ~
'I'm sure that was scripted.
Or they would not have stayed in character.'
~I liked the way the stage manager ran to their assistance.~
So when he called them idiots,
That wasn't written into the script? '
~You know nothing about theater.
Do you? ~
Isn't it all about drama? '
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.