Long grey hair like a river flowing
Gown thick and heavy, eyes glowing
One arm raised, lightning strikes
Storm clouds now a-growing
Power accrued over years
To become the greatest of his peers
Studying the realm of Nike*
Yet to feel the reverse of tears.
He is the fallen star
As all true wizards are
Trapped on Earth as Nature’s spike
His influence extends far.
The chant goes on low and soothing
A rhythm that incites constant moving
So enveloping the sound, a sacrifice
To him, the hearer needs to bring.
*Nike is the goddess of victory, and acts as a medium of achievement between men and gods in battle and other human endeavours.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wizardry by Jean Renwick )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Autumn, Blake Mulligan
- emotion sickness, Mandolyn Davidson
- Platinum Stars Dripped Love!, LUVinThe NOW
- Bliss, David Lessard
- My love for you, Leesaan Robertson
- Rewrite your Story, Maverick Jones
- yeah...., Noah Body
- <<<< A Maddening Phase Of A .., Abdul Wahab
- What Lies Inside And Out, Shannon Glass
- Memories of You, tallulah montegue