Women of Many Faces, A Haiku Sequence
Her bruised face...
an origami swan
trace of blood
breaks into syllables
scattered in the Ganges River
the scent of sunrise
(Note: The gang rape victim in India was identified only by the Hindi word for fearless, 'Nirbhaya')
the jiggle of her right breast...
Wailing Wall at twilight
black-hatted men face to face
with young women
the women shouting
'no uterus no opinion! '
hazy half moon
thorns on the stalk
of a budding rose
Poet Other Poems
- A Bittersweet Year of Travel, A Haiku Se...
- A Day at the Festival: A Haiku Sequence
- A Day in Her Shadowy Life for the New Po...
- A Dead Man Writing
- A Dedication To You, The Reader
- A Drunken Poem
- A Gendai Haiku About War
- A Haiku about a Deceased Friend
- A Haiku about a Drunk Poet on New Year's...
- A Haiku about a monarch butterfly
- A Haiku about Afghanistan's First Female...
- A Haiku About Anne Frank House
- A Haiku About Dark Thoughts
- A Haiku about Double Love Suicide
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.