Women of Many Faces, A Haiku Sequence
Her bruised face...
an origami swan
trace of blood
breaks into syllables
scattered in the Ganges River
the scent of sunrise
(Note: The gang rape victim in India was identified only by the Hindi word for fearless, 'Nirbhaya')
the jiggle of her right breast...
Wailing Wall at twilight
black-hatted men face to face
with young women
the women shouting
'no uterus no opinion! '
hazy half moon
thorns on the stalk
of a budding rose
Chenou Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Women of Many Faces, A Haiku Sequence by Chenou Liu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Happy Birthday Dear Mum, Adewale Ajakanri
- The Blood is the Key, Matthew Buck
- Olwakho uthando, Phiwe Mbatha
- I rish this couldn't say it's R's, Mandolyn ...
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI