When words are spoken,
Only the good ones are taken;
By the mind that is weak
And the heart that is fake.
I wonder if words are said
To make one afraid;
Or to express a thought
That peace is sought.
Those words left unsaid
Can be thoughts of love unspread;
That may bring gladness
To a heart full of sadness.
Though words don't come easy
Especially when one feels queasy;
They don't form or rewind
Until the soul unwind.
So let the words be spoken,
With love as a token.
Let them be said
And all will be spared.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Words by Syl Espina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer
- आंनि देरा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Oh Israel, Michael Shutt
- We Lost Our Run, Rites Ghosh
- Left are the words unspoken, Aditi Khandelwal
- Poetry, Tony Adah
- For Carl Harrison (My Life Long Friend), Dave Alan Walker