When words are spoken,
Only the good ones are taken;
By the mind that is weak
And the heart that is fake.
I wonder if words are said
To make one afraid;
Or to express a thought
That peace is sought.
Those words left unsaid
Can be thoughts of love unspread;
That may bring gladness
To a heart full of sadness.
Though words don't come easy
Especially when one feels queasy;
They don't form or rewind
Until the soul unwind.
So let the words be spoken,
With love as a token.
Let them be said
And all will be spared.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Words by Syl Espina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What not to be done while a person is ly.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- buzz off bees, lee fones
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.39, Robert Graber
- Happy Birthday Dear Mum, Adewale Ajakanri
- The Blood is the Key, Matthew Buck
- Olwakho uthando, Phiwe Mbatha
- I rish this couldn't say it's R's, Mandolyn ...
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher