When I was just a baby,
She fed me with her milk,
Sang me to sleep,
And clothed me with silk.
When I was in my adolescence,
She gave me pieces of advice
About life and love;
And always be nice.
When I was down and out,
She admonished me to be strong,
Saying that life is like that
But I must move along.
When I achieved a dream,
She smiled and thanked God,
But reminded me to stay focused
On the path that I trod.
Who is she?
She's my mother.
My best friend.
Syl Espina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Mentor by Syl Espina )
- Thelo (2), Branden Aeling
- Playground, gajanan mishra
- Pieces Of A Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Blue Lotus, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Omnipresent should, gajanan mishra
- Haiku. Sunset (5-7-5), Valsa George
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.23, Monk E. Biz
- Haiku. A City (5-7-5), Valsa George
- Please make yourself, gajanan mishra
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.22, Monk E. Biz