Words Spoken without Passion's Breath
Words spoken without passion's breath
Mocks the receiver as in a jest;
Exchanging mere formality
As substance for sincerity.
Do not mourn for me when I am dead
Neglect me as you did in life
Forget me when my soul has fled
Be free of all my mortal strife.
David McLansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Words Spoken without Passion's Breath by David McLansky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A FISHERMAN'S BASKET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Achievement, Jaipal Singh
- The Sea Mist, Tadej Blažic
- Hopeless Dreams, Omar Eldamsheety
- Garden, Benedicta Ruiz
- PAINS AND SUFFERINGS آلام و اوجاع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What is the love?, Petai Jirakongpipat
- Fair praises, hasmukh amathalal
- On MY Way To The Mailbox, Kyle Schlicher
- Belinda, Juan Olivarez