World War III
Our streets are no longer silent
Our lanes are now seriously unsafe
Our earth is embroiled with confusion
Utter darkness covers the world
Yet no care about the fog
We are paying lip service to peace
Man has risen against man
Our innocent lands are painted red
With the blood of the innocents
Cities are terrorized and mangled
Villages are rampaged and scotched
There's no safe haven any more
You may be doubting me
Go to Americas, drug barons, 'car jackers'
And kidnappers are prowling the cities
My African brothers are entwined in wars
My Asian friends ceaselessly are at dagger drawn
Europe is walking into war
There's no love any more
Tell me, is this not world war III?
Must we kill to show our might?
Must peasants blood flow to build nations?
Should civil populace be the sacrificial goats?
Why must innocent sojourners be shot down?
Why do nations talk about peace daily
Yet, they are skilful in trading in ammunition?
I am dazed, I am perturbed
How can we senseless than animals?
We are now providing delicacies for vultures
Human life does not worth a kobo any more
The world is a war, I cannot be deceived
I think the third world war is here
Babatunde Aremu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (World War III by Babatunde Aremu )
- Story for all of me, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- I saw only her, Erato
- Care of tear, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The Grave, Sir Toby
- Earthbound poet, Yor Nella
- Poetry, NEDRA WILSON
- Teacher Yaser Nadeem Sari الاستاذ ياسر ن.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Teacher Yaser Nadeem Sari, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)