Worship In Adversity
We worship even through adversity, God, Who controls all of eternity,
When we're down and discouraged, we know, that God has not erred,
As through each trial He shall fulfill, in our life His Eternal, perfect will,
This, as God guides us in this life, through the Power of Jesus Christ.
When we are anxious and afraid, upon The Lord our concerns are laid,
Securing for us inner peace from Him, while in a world, marred by sin,
Through all the trials we now trod, we confidently lift our heart to God,
Though the trials may not cease, God grants us His sustaining Peace.
By our Lord God we are blessed, as past concerns God's addressed,
As God through our life does lead, taking care of everything we need,
As life on earth may ebb and flow, it is The God of Heaven, we know,
Who actually controls all of our life, even through life's pain and strife.
As the devastating times do come, we truly know where they are from,
Both good and bad, are from His hand, although we don't understand,
It remains The Lord, Who we praise, this, as our heart to God is raised,
Worshiping Him through every time, knowing we're in His grand design.
Although we're weary and depleted, with God in Heaven we are seated,
Through redemption by our Lord, we are found in Christ, in one accord,
Now having the mind of Jesus Christ, through all of the trials in this life.
We're looking forward to Heaven above, sustained on earth by His love.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Worship In Adversity by Bob Gotti )
- Her Pain I Understand, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoyan Observations, Mark R. Elias
- Our current world عالمنا الحالي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Incas, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fellow Lovers, Saiom Shriver
- Dark October Skies, Lilly Emery
- In den vreemde, Madrason writer
- SOLVING THE OLD CONUNDRUM THAT ASKS WHIC.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)