Let me slide my fingers, in between the gaps of yours.
Clutch your hand as if we're about to do a leap of faith.
A risk that only two inseparable lovers would take.
We do not know where this fall will take us.
Or if it will even ever end.
We could ride the wind smoothly.
Or dive to our untimely deaths.
But honestly darling,
I wouldn't do it with anybody else.
Exchange your faith with mine.
We'l defy the laws of physics.
And bend the rules of time.
We are in love blindly.
But in your heart is where you shall always find me.
I have never truly loved anyone before.
And I will never love anyone more.
Don't ever part with me.
Cause I believe you truly never will.
You can leave my side.
You can take away all your things.
But you cannot take away.
All the happiness, you once did bring.
I never lived before,
but you gave my breathe a purpose.
And if you ever left.
To breathe anymore,
would be worthless.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Worthless Breath by Rachel Henley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Decoys, Birgitta Heikka
- Which Stones Cast Leave Permanent Scares?, Terence G. Craddock
- Tranquil Place, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Qualified Candidates For Euthanasia, Terence G. Craddock
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -71, Ronjoy Brahma
- City Workers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बबेयाव थांनो?, Bahadur Basumatary
- Yesterday, Tony Adah
- Thoughts Bloom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Do People Sometimes Self Suicide?, Terence G. Craddock