Let me slide my fingers, in between the gaps of yours.
Clutch your hand as if we're about to do a leap of faith.
A risk that only two inseparable lovers would take.
We do not know where this fall will take us.
Or if it will even ever end.
We could ride the wind smoothly.
Or dive to our untimely deaths.
But honestly darling,
I wouldn't do it with anybody else.
Exchange your faith with mine.
We'l defy the laws of physics.
And bend the rules of time.
We are in love blindly.
But in your heart is where you shall always find me.
I have never truly loved anyone before.
And I will never love anyone more.
Don't ever part with me.
Cause I believe you truly never will.
You can leave my side.
You can take away all your things.
But you cannot take away.
All the happiness, you once did bring.
I never lived before,
but you gave my breathe a purpose.
And if you ever left.
To breathe anymore,
would be worthless.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Worthless Breath by Rachel Henley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Ghazal, Mirza Ghalib
- Within the Circuit of This Plodding Life, Henry David Thoreau
- Summer in Calcutta, Kamala Das
- A.Pushkin, Anchar - translation (rus.), Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Weak in Nature, hafiz qasim
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Expression Eruption: Get out, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lifes Living Limerick, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Relationship FAQ's, LLDr. Gyd
- Need for More, hafiz qasim