Would I recognize you?
Would I recognize your face if I saw you today?
Would I recognize your back if I saw you walk away?
Would I recognize mom's voice if I heard her broken lullaby?
Would I recognize her sorrow if I heard her cry?
Would I recognize her very existence if I saw her today?
Would I recognize her unheard goodbye?
Would I recognize either one of you if you stood before me at the very moment?
Would you recognize me if you saw me today?
Would you recognize my tears if you saw me cry?
Would you recognize me and this broken lullaby carried on my shoulders?
Trinidad Villafranca's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Would I recognize you? by Trinidad Villafranca )
- Beside you walks a woman, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- A name on the tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Standing In The Middle, Katherine Perry
- Non - Compliance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is homosexual an adultery?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- my heart zeal's with the angels, Antonio Liao
- Peace Of The Soul, Michael McParland
- Dream: Not Scream, Aftab Alam
- Do you?, Petai Jirakongpipat
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Incident In A Rose Garden (By Donald Jus.., michael zhitnitsky
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)