Would I recognize you?
Would I recognize your face if I saw you today?
Would I recognize your back if I saw you walk away?
Would I recognize mom's voice if I heard her broken lullaby?
Would I recognize her sorrow if I heard her cry?
Would I recognize her very existence if I saw her today?
Would I recognize her unheard goodbye?
Would I recognize either one of you if you stood before me at the very moment?
Would you recognize me if you saw me today?
Would you recognize my tears if you saw me cry?
Would you recognize me and this broken lullaby carried on my shoulders?
Trinidad Villafranca's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Would I recognize you? by Trinidad Villafranca )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- Disabled, Wilfred Owen
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)