Would I recognize you?
Would I recognize your face if I saw you today?
Would I recognize your back if I saw you walk away?
Would I recognize mom's voice if I heard her broken lullaby?
Would I recognize her sorrow if I heard her cry?
Would I recognize her very existence if I saw her today?
Would I recognize her unheard goodbye?
Would I recognize either one of you if you stood before me at the very moment?
Would you recognize me if you saw me today?
Would you recognize my tears if you saw me cry?
Would you recognize me and this broken lullaby carried on my shoulders?
Trinidad Villafranca's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Would I recognize you? by Trinidad Villafranca )
- Character, Hans Raj Sharma
- Deine Sucht, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Your mania, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- जिउनि दाइरियाव, -2009, Ronjoy Brahma
- Celebration, Aftab Alam
- I Cry, Phil Soar
- To Be An Ocean, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Present World, Aftab Alam
- Am I independent?, gajanan mishra
- Call Me, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)