Reason A. Poteet
A’waiting once more the wonders at dawn,
a tired, empty muse paces the lawn
struck dumb by notions refusing to spawn.
The new day arrives but dark does not lift,
an overcast sky now leaves her short shrift.
As lab’rers head home from serving night shift,
some fifteen young bards pass her toiling there
speaking but speeding away from her care
to places of rest, to places of prayer.
Five run to the woods, four break to a stroll,
three watch a mare giving birth to a foal,
two quarrel and bicker, one friend bares his soul.
All busy with life these bards quickly pen
scores of sonnets read again and again.
A Reasonnet is my private version of a sonnet with the rhyming pattern, aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd, ee
Reason A. Poteet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Writer's Block by Reason A. Poteet )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thoughts Of A Father, Edgar Albert Guest
- His Dog, Edgar Albert Guest
- Living Flowers, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Old Timer Pallas'Cat - Lincoln Park .., Ima Ryma
- Father's Chore, Edgar Albert Guest
- BURN YOUR FEARS, Raaida Salik
- IMPOSTER, Raaida Salik
- SALVATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- NAKED DANCE, Raaida Salik
- My Big Dream, Tony Adah