! ...Written On Sorrows' Page
We tend to reduce things:
Books to pages,
Sentences to words,
Eaons to ages.
We tend to change things
Just by observing them:
Inocense to guilt,
A song, an anthem...
We tend to simplify;
Mathematics taught us so:
Words to numbers,
Things of nature we don't know...
But You created One and Only Earth:
She burned and boiled then drowned then froze,
but Earth: she remained the same.
Are your inventions pun and prose?
For I am one but not the same
As I was in days before.
Although I may have kept my name;
The one I was, I am no more.
Nkululeko Mdudu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (! ...Written On Sorrows' Page by Nkululeko Mdudu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel
- Three Coins For Her Love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Unknown life's beauty, binod bastola
- A wilted story, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Gently Placing Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Predicting The Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The American Dream, Is It Poetry