! ...Written On Sorrows' Page
We tend to reduce things:
Books to pages,
Sentences to words,
Eaons to ages.
We tend to change things
Just by observing them:
Inocense to guilt,
A song, an anthem...
We tend to simplify;
Mathematics taught us so:
Words to numbers,
Things of nature we don't know...
But You created One and Only Earth:
She burned and boiled then drowned then froze,
but Earth: she remained the same.
Are your inventions pun and prose?
For I am one but not the same
As I was in days before.
Although I may have kept my name;
The one I was, I am no more.
Nkululeko Mdudu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (! ...Written On Sorrows' Page by Nkululeko Mdudu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Song to Mother Mary, Dr John Celes
- Butterflies, Casey Renee Kiser
- 'M', Quenten McClellan
- No Such Thing as Safe Sex, A.j. Binash
- i wonder what it smells like in your head, Mandolyn Davidson
- Hager Twin Jim & LEG-SHAVING MANIACS, Richard Thripp
- my pen bleedeth out for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Leta', Quenten McClellan
- My Anguish Heart, Lilly Emery
- The Vampires Of War, Osman Gani