Brianna N R Wine
Light dances across my face, warming my skin
I tilt my head back, loving the feel.
A thrill runs down my back, like a hand upon my neck.
For once I am warm and secure- the light still dances
Groans of elation well up from my throat and I let them sound.
Tingling sensations vibrate my nerve endings
A shadow falls and the light is blocked.
I shield my eyes and cock my head.
A figure of black cloak is leaning down over me and jerks me from my resting spot.
He twists and turns me, breaking me to bits.
But it is okay because I knew he would be back soon-
The ever foreboding Life.
The light dances no more.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Xtra Demons by Brianna N R Wine )
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)