Brianna N R Wine
Light dances across my face, warming my skin
I tilt my head back, loving the feel.
A thrill runs down my back, like a hand upon my neck.
For once I am warm and secure- the light still dances
Groans of elation well up from my throat and I let them sound.
Tingling sensations vibrate my nerve endings
A shadow falls and the light is blocked.
I shield my eyes and cock my head.
A figure of black cloak is leaning down over me and jerks me from my resting spot.
He twists and turns me, breaking me to bits.
But it is okay because I knew he would be back soon-
The ever foreboding Life.
The light dances no more.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Xtra Demons by Brianna N R Wine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- i still weep for June~, Mandolyn ...
- Uncombed Sanctity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Good Morning, Cathy Hodgson
- Foolish People Sayings, Terence G. Craddock
- Today's Journey, Cathy Hodgson
- Death Wishes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Prayer For Peace, Savita Tyagi
- Unknown Qualities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flashback of a Comrade, Barisan Chatterjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -73, Ronjoy Brahma