Brianna N R Wine
Light dances across my face, warming my skin
I tilt my head back, loving the feel.
A thrill runs down my back, like a hand upon my neck.
For once I am warm and secure- the light still dances
Groans of elation well up from my throat and I let them sound.
Tingling sensations vibrate my nerve endings
A shadow falls and the light is blocked.
I shield my eyes and cock my head.
A figure of black cloak is leaning down over me and jerks me from my resting spot.
He twists and turns me, breaking me to bits.
But it is okay because I knew he would be back soon-
The ever foreboding Life.
The light dances no more.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Xtra Demons by Brianna N R Wine )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- JULEKALENDER # V, Gunnar Mo.
- Those moments of weakness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- lost, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Apps, Phil Soar
- rapture, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Mind Games, Perveiz Ali
- dancing politics, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Always Open, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Right choice, hasmukh amathalal
- Marriage and morals., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..