'Yoga-Fire, Yoga-Flame! '
My fire is thermal
And spreading in turbo
Dark purple Inferno
Set flames to my Journal
Like Moms is eternal
The ices of icepicks
Eyelids with vice-grips
Get silenced or get licensed
I rather get violets
But they prefer violence;
I'd rather have violins, but,
Get your gunslingers
with dumb stingers
I'm throwing up peace signs
And gang signs with God's Fingers.
They talk about humdingers
I'm chatting with bud slingers
And underground R&B singers
You either Get with it, get loud,
Or get silencers from islanders
I'm re-baptizing my Sisters
Martina, Penelope, Beverly, Bellamy
Miss-demeanor and Felony
Baptizing Serena with the middle name
'Will Never Be'.
My middle name: Entropy
I'm working for charity
My pen is on fire
Like Cherry on Ecstasy
My fingers got third degree burns
From typed words that ignite perms
My personal Saviour got eight arms
And Napalms and eats homemade salsa
And handmade steakhouse.
But then man made A-bombs and H-bombs
And Avon and Sav-on's
And then changed the name on...
The sign with their name on.
I'm quitting my day job
And leaving my page off
Does crime really pay off?
“It must be my day off”.
2 my Sister from another mister
Serena 'WillNeverBe' Silenced
Charles Monroe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Yoga-Fire, Yoga-Flame! ' by Charles Monroe )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- To Kill Anyone, Randy McClave
- the sun left a souvenir, signed and ever.., Mandolyn ...
- A Birdlime., Tony Adah
- Cycle, Shannon Malone
- The Little cat., Tony Adah
- Time Away, Larry Ninas
- A Wish, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- The telling Effect of Visual Spell, rajendran muthiah
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Bangle, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi