You Are My Love
You are my love, needs I Say more,
Must I with, fancy words to state,
expound upon my need for you
And with a lovesick phrase relate,
That without you, life’s such a bore,
And that I need you more and more.
Yes, needs I must, for it is true?
You are all to me, without; within,
To feed my insatiable lovers whim,
Wrapped, within mine heart are you.
My world is you, I need no other view.
Delicate Love, flying on gossamer wings,
Loves that have gone before, cast shadows,
But having gone are but ephemeral things,
Forget the past, this love now, is not like those,
And out of all that may have been, it is you I chose.
Damian Cranney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Are My Love by Damian Cranney )
- Artists, kassem oude
- दिनैनि गोसोखांथियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- O American Girl, Will You Take With You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Woman in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Endearing Love, Kwai Chee Low
- The Swing, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Philip Booth
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)