'You Better Run'
you buggared me out, from when i was young
you kept pushin me down till the world wasnt fun
and the lies you told, were clever ones
but now im a man, and you better run.
kept taking from me, you had more than enough
and those who complained, you put em in cuffs
If i had the chance, if I had a gun
id start a war, mr you better run
so smile for the camera, and dust off your suit
but come into my house, and you bet that I'll shoot
hey i'm on a mission, wont quit till i'm done
its my country too mr. you better run.
i'll snap off these chains, that you put on me
is it so wrong to wanna be free?
gather'd my friends, the war has begun
a piece of advice mr. you better run.
you killed of my home, left us in the rain
you only care, about your campaign.
jesus wont help you, youre a hipocrite son,
now that im angry, mr you better run
so now the bloods soakin, my own sweaty shirt,
got you in the head, i hoped that it hurt.
I bet you felt sorry, when that bullet stung
hey i wasnt playin, you shoulda run.
Andrew Boyer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('You Better Run' by Andrew Boyer )
- Woolen Yarns, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Salving Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Signs Of Winter, Joseph T. Renaldi
- You, Arich Cole
- Remembered With The Best Thoughts Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Never From You To Leave, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Perfect Balancing Of Creativity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remaining Respectful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loyal Friendship, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Invisible, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)