You Can Trust Me
For someone special...You can trust me because I will never let you down.
I know things hurt you and weigh down on your soul.
And people have left you and just let you fall.
I know I've been one of them a time or two.
But I swear on my life, I'll be better for you.
I would give you my own heart,
though it may be more torn.
I would find you a rose to hold
without any thorns.
I would read up on jokes and things to make you smile.
And lay on the couch and just listen for awhile.
I would listen to your problems, your dreams, your hopes.
I would listen to your secrets and not let anybody know.
I would give you my whole self,
with both of my hands.
And follow in your footsteps wherever you ran.
We would go on adventures to just forget the world.
Play in the grass, watch the clouds swirl and swirl.
And when the sun finally set,
like the fire in your eyes;
I would be there for you to just let you cry.
Cry about whatever;
but I would hold your hand close.
And tell you I love you and never let you go.
I would lie down beside you whenever you fell;
fight off the demons of your personal hell.
And in the morning I'd hug you as soon as you wake;
and whisper, 'Keep smiling. Today's a new day.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You Can Trust Me by ayesha haque )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Whew-phew! Breathtaking Fairies Stood in.., Harindhar Reddy
- Sinful youth, Darian Kalamerd
- What A Breath, Chris Ajiduah
- Corruption, Randy McClave
- Our Destiny, Darian Kalamerd
- Yogi in the moon, Madrason writer
- Make a wish, daniel george
- Child, Samantha Cox
- Garden Ship, Leslie Philibert
- Empty, Samantha Cox