You Didn't Have To Swear
Yesterday I posted a rhyme on swearing and whats more
I believe everyone not from Ohio got a perfect score.
It was to prove my Ohio friends, unlike my friends here in the South,
Do not, as was reported, all have potty mouths.
I’ll bet you didn’t know that the answer to each verse
Didn’t have to end in a swear word or culminate in a curse.
So today I will reveal all the answers that you crave
And may you all be ashamed of the answers that you gave.
If a person keeps telling you something untrue after a while you might snap
You might look that person in the eye and say, Buddy you’re a sap!
If he keeps talking on and on and to his lie will not admit
You’re next reaction might just be, “He’s only got half his wits.”
If you know someone who’s rude and vulgar, indelicate and crass
Would you ignore this bad behavior or call him a jackass?
Let’s say you have to work with him, this low-life, two bit schmuck
Wouldn’t you love to look him in the eye and say, You’ve really run amok!
Perhaps you’re more religious and your 2 year old’s having a fit,
You might pray for help from your god because your toddler’s such a twit!
You missed the lotto by one number or you’ve been cut off by a truck
From Maine to California you might say, I’m thunderstruck!
Let’s say a young man is driving the truck and you ran into a ditch
When you realize you’re unhurt you call your neighbor for a hitch?
You’re working on some home project, you’re using your little finger and you jam it
It hurts so much you try to not to scream but you can’t and yell God unjam it.
So what do you have to say for yourselves? I hope it makes you shudder
To know with a little nudging you’re minds jumped into the gutter.
Isn’t it funny how many of you in the blank lines you completed
Had no trouble coming up with expletives deleted?
Just so you know, Ohio’s reputation I am now glad to resurrect
For everyone from the Buckeye State got everyone correct!
So where should all those people go whose study made Ohio sick?
Hmmm how about straight to, ... H....E....double hockey sticks.
Jim Yerman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Didn't Have To Swear by Jim Yerman )
- Returning from the Broken Mirror Myth, Gabriel Sumon
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- A list of the most stupid things said to.., Mae AC.
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Ernest Christopher Dowson
(2 August 1867 – 23 February 1900)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)